Chitwan Wildlife Jungle Safari
- Grade: Easy
- Duration: 2 Nighgts / 3Days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Jungle Safari
- Best Seasons: round the year
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
Chitwan Wildlife Jungle safari activity is carried out in Chitwan National Park. The national park is situated in south-central Nepal within an area of 932 sq km area. UNESCO designated Chitwan National Park as a Natural World Heritage site in 1984. Since then it is the center of the attraction to every national and international visitors.
This national park lies in sub-tropical low land of inner Terai. It has become one of the country’s treasures- a fabulous wildlife sanctuary in recent days. The word ‘Chitwan’ signifies as ‘heart of jungle’.
Highlights of Chitwan Wildlife Jungle Safari
- Exciting Jeep Safari and Jungle Walk
- Thrilling Dugout Canoe ride
- Watching 400 species of colorful birds
- Endangered Royal Bengal tiger,
- Encounter with rare Indian one-horn rhino
- Sloth bear, langur, monkeys, wild bear, leopards, jungle cats and various types of deer
and more than
Chitwan Jungle Safari – exotic 2 Nights / 3 Days trip
On our Chitwan Wildlife Jungle Safari trip, we take a ride on the back of an elephant which is an exciting way to explore the jungle from a safe, elevated position. It also offers the close-up sight of the one-horn rhino in its natural habitat, numerous species of deer, langur monkeys, wild boar etc. We can view over 400 bird species, either as permanent residents or migratory visitors, on foot as you walk through the jungle and open grassland. Canoe rides along Rapti River on the western side of the park offer the fantastic experience of viewing a quarter of the world’s remaining gharial population which shelters under its banks. It is a long practice to hunt fish-eating crocodile which supposed aphrodisiac qualities of its snout.
We begin our Chitwan Jungle Safari trip by either taking a car or bus drive from Kathmandu or Pokhara. There is also a regular flight connecting Chitwan to Kathmandu. Thus this is a wonderful opportunity to take a relaxing wildlife safari trip in Chitwan after any of our trekking and peak climbing trips in the Himalayas.
- Day 01 : Kathmandu to Chitwan
- Day 02 : Full day Jungle activities.
- Day 03 : Bird watching and return back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Chitwan
Drive Kathmandu to Chitwan in a deluxe tourist vehicle. After driving for 5/6 hours, we will reach at the Chitwan. You will check in hotel nearby National Park. Jungle safari trip starts after luch. A short visit around the Tharu villages will allow you to observe their lifestyle. In the evening, you will experience the Tharu Culture program. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Full day Jungle activities.
Today, you will go for full day Chitwan national park activities. After breakfast you will go for thrilling canoe trip on Rapti river, Jungle walk to see some wild animals and will visit to elephant breeding center, then Elephant bathing. You will have opportunity to take a shower from elephant trunk. After Lunch rest, you will be going for Elephant back Jungle safari. This is the main attraction of the trip. During the safari you can observe One Horned Rhinos, severeal species of birds, crocodile and different vegetations.
Day 03: Bird watching and return back to Kathmandu.
You will be following your guide early in the morning for bird watching inside the national park. After birdwatching tour, your journey will start to Kathmandu following the same route.
- Transportation from Kathmandu - Chitwan - Kathmandu
- 2 Nights hotel in Kathmandu and 2 Nights hotels Chitwan
- An English speaking guide throughout the trip
- Elephant back Safari, Jungle walk, village visit, bird watching, canoe ride including their fee.
- All the activities included in itinerary
- Personal Expenses
- Extra day and night stay other than the itinerary
- Domestic and international flight ticket
- Laundry, bar, beverage, entertainment bills
- Tips and gratitude
- Other things not listed in included list