Everest Base Camp Trekking
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 15 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Everest Trekking
- Best Seasons: Autumn & Spring
- Highest Altitude: 5554m/18192ft
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 2050
Everest Base Camp Trekking is challenging yet popular trekking destination for every traveler. Everest region is popularly known as the Sagarmatha National Park. It is the most spectacular place in the world. The region is home to four of world’s six tallest peaks; Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Mt. Cho-Oyu. Mt. Everest crowns the towering ridges that straddle the forbidding Himalayas.
The Everest Base Camp trek is the grandest walk in the land of the Himalayas. Trekking through the Everest region offers astounding mountain views, and opportunities to get a glimpse into the life of world famous Sherpa climbers. The trek further offers the opportunities to go sightseeing around Sagarmatha National Park. The national park is a UNESCO world heritage site that is home to a variety of Himalayan floras and faunas. It is also important to get a closer look at the highest Buddhist monasteries in the world. The most gratifying of them all, the trip to Everest Base Camp itself.
It is an opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay set off on in 1953. But nothing beats the thrill and sense of accomplishment that grips travelers on seeing the power and grace of the mighty Everest up close.
The 17-day Everest Base camp Trekking itinerary is designed for novice trekkers who are in good health with normal physical fitness. But, if you wish to take up more challenge and “stay off the beaten path, then the Oriental Journeys Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes – 18 Days would be ideal. If we are seeking real adventurer for more a challenging route that crisscrosses some of the most famous high passes in the world, we definitely need to consider Oriental Journeys Everest High Passes Trek.
- Trek up to the base of the top of the world, Everest Base Camp (5364m) and Kalapatthar (5643m) – majestic viewpoint
- Himalayan Panorama and magnificent views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Nuptse
- Sherpa culture of Lukla, Phakding, Namche, Khumjung, Tengboche and more..
- Visit ancient and culturally important monastery of Tengboche
- Sagarmatha National Park area, which is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site
- home to such endangered animals as Snow Leopard, Red Panda, and Himalayan Thar
- Nepal’s biggest Khumbu and longest Ngozumpa glaciers
- Gokyo Lakes & Gokyo RI
- Three great high passes (Kongma-la, Cho-la & Renjo-la pass)
- Hillary Museum
- Namche Bazaar-the Sherpa’s capital
- Trekking Backpacks
- Camera Gear and Accessories
- Hiking Pants, Boots and Socks
- Tea House and Lodging Gear
- Trekking Shirts
- Trekking Pants
- Jackets and Other Outerwear
- Long Underwear and Base Layers
- Gloves, Hats, and Rain Gear
- Other Essentials
- Diamox (use as directed by a doctor)
- Tea House socks
- Rain Gear
- Heavy gloves
- Sun Hat, Sun Glasses
- Granola bars/snacks for the trek
- Tiger Balm
- Sweatpants (purchased in Namche)
- Toilet Paper (it can be purchased all the way to EBC)
Cost: USD 2050 PER PERSON
- Day 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264 ft) and Trek Preparation
- Day 02 : Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 3- 4 hours trek
- Day 03 : Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280 ft): 5 - 6 hrs
- Day 04 : Namche Bazaar: Acclamatization day
- Day 05 : Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft): 5 - 6 hrs
- Day 06 : Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300ft):5 - 6 hrs
- Day 07 : Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300ft): Rest Day
- Day 08 : Dingboche - Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft)
- Day 09 : Lobuche - Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft) - Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,594ft) - Gorak Shep: 8 - 9 hrs
- Day 10 : Gorak Shep - Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft)- Pheriche (4280 m/14,070 ft): 8 - 9 hrs
- Day 11 : Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3440m, 7 hrs.)
- Day 12 : Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla (2810m) 6-7 hours
- Day 13 : Lukla - Kathmandu and shopping
- Day 14 : Sightseeing in Patan Bhaktapur and Patan City.
- Day 15 : Fly back to your final destination/Home
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264 ft) and Trek Preparation
A representative from Oriental Journeys will greet and receive you at Tribhuvan international airport in Kathmandu. You will drive with a personal vehicle to a 3 star hotel. In the evening, welcome dinner and introduction with your guide and supporting team.
Day 02: Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft): 3- 4 hours trek
Your guide from Oriental Journeys will come to receive you at Hotel before 2 hours of arrival. You will then drive to the domestic airport in Kathmandu. After a scenic flight orf 35 minutes, you will land at Lukla (2804 meters). The trek from where you begin trek towards Phakding (2610 meters) with gentle descend.
Overnight at teahouse lodge.
Day 03: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280 ft): 5 - 6 hrs
Trek starts with gentle ascending along the banks of the Dudh Kosi river. There are several crossings over the river. You will enjoy walking and crossing exciting suspension bridges decorated with prayer flags. River breeze rejoice you physically and flapping prayer flags spiritually. You will enter Sagarmatha National Park after registering at check post at Monjo. The trail climbs steep up until you reach Namche Bazaar. Namche bazaar is popular Sherpa settlement and also known as the Gateway to Mt. Everest.
Overnight at teahouse lodge.
Day 04: Namche Bazaar: Acclamatization day
You have a rest day plan at Namche for acclimatization. After breakfast, there is a plan for short hike up to Syangboche. This is a popular view point to observe the splendid views of several peaks of the region including Kwandge, Amadablam, Thamserku and Mt. Everest. Then, you will hike back to Namche bazaar wander around and visit local market, shops, museums and monasteries. This will be a productive time to where you gain knowledge about the tradition and culture Sherpas living in the region.
Overnight at local lodge.
Day 05: Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft): 5 - 6 hrs
Today we gain more altitude walking through less paved and narrower paths. You will cross more suspension bridges and lush pine forests. Tengboche monastery is the biggest monastery in the Khumbu Region. So, the village is also called the monastery village. Different processions and festival are organized in the monastery premises each year luring many tourist from around the world.
Overnight at local teahouse lodge.
Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300ft):5 - 6 hrs
It will be a long hike today. At the beginning of trek, trail descends through a wide path through green forest. Before arriving Dingboche, you have to trek uphill trail observing speeding streams and wide valleys down below.
Overnight at local tea house lodge.
Day 07: Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300ft): Rest Day
You will surely enjoy a rest day in Dingboche. Hiking to some upper level and returning to same place for night stay is a best way to appropriately acclimatize your body to the altitude. There is a day hike to Nangkartshang Peak 5083. You will have opportunity to observe the valley down and its formation. Another opportunity is to observe the scarce flora and fauna of the Sagarmatha Region. Then, you will return down to Dingboche and roam around Dingboche village.
Overnight at local tea house.
Day 08: Dingboche - Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft)
In the morning we start trekking after breakfast. A yak farm on the way to Lobuche s a best place enjoy the fascinating views of Tawache Peak (6,542m) and Cholatse peak (6,440m) at the left hand side. Next to it, you will follow Dughla to reach Khumbu Glacier before Lobuche village. The Lobuche village offers fascinating views of the Khumbu Icefall, Mt. Pumori and several other mountain peaks of the ridge.
Overnight at Local teahouse lodge.
Day 09: Lobuche - Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft) - Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,594ft) - Gorak Shep: 8 - 9 hrs
Today, you will continually walk to Gorakshep. During the trek, you will see the view of Khumbu glacier, Mt. Khumbutse and Mt. Pumori.
After arriving at Gorak Shep, you will check in your lodge and take lunch. You will begin next part of the day walking up to Everest Base Camp by passing several ups and down hills. This will be the final destination of your the Everest Base Camp trek.The astonishing view of Khumbu icefall, Khumbu glacier, and the close view of Mt. Pumori, Khumbutse among other several peaks. You will enjoy taking photographs. After an hour, you head back to Gorak Shep.
Overnight at teahouse lodge.
Day 10: Gorak Shep - Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft)- Pheriche (4280 m/14,070 ft): 8 - 9 hrs
To experience some best mountain panorama views and enjoy the sunrise view over the Mt. Everest, you will climb up the Kala Patthar peak. It is a pile of large rocks famous spot for its incredible panoramic views of the surrounding peaks. Spending an hour at Kala Patthar you will get back to Gorak Shep for breakfast and then move towards the village of Pheriche.
Overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 11: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3440m, 7 hrs.)
Trek back to Pangboche village and visit oldest monastery of Khumbu region. Here, you will see a preserved scalp and bones believed to belong legendary mountain creature called Yeti.Then trek down along the riverside and cross a bridge then continue up through the pine and juniper forest to the Tengboche village. Continue walking towards Namche Bazaar passing through Phunki village.
Overnight at a lodge in Namche Bazaar.
Day 12: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla (2810m) 6-7 hours
Next day, you have to continue you trek retracing the same route descending up to Lukla. Here, you conclude your Everest Base Camp Trek.
Overnight at Lodge in Lukla
Day 13: Lukla - Kathmandu and shopping
Take your breakfast and fly back to Kathmandu.
Overnight in 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Sightseeing in Patan Bhaktapur and Patan City.
This day you have schedule to visit the two historical and cultural cities of Kathmandu valley; Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square. Bothe the sites are UNESCO heritage sites.
Day 15: Fly back to your final destination/Home
You will drive to airport and representative from Oriental Journeys will see you off at Tribhuvan International Airport.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Activity|
|USD||Adventure Trek||Book Now|
- All airport and hotel transfers
- Three nights in a 4-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and airport departure taxes
- An experienced English-speaking trek guide and assistant trek guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage
- Salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging for supporting staff
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work, documentations and permits (National park permit, TIMS) and entry fees
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Emergency Evacuation
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips and gratitude for supporting staff.