Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
- Grade: strenuous
- Duration: 22 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Everest Trekking
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: September to November, March to May
- Highest Altitude: 5545m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 1795
Jiri to Everest Base Camp is a traditional route to Everest base camp. In the past, the route was used by many trekkers. This route is less used by the trekkers when new routes got explored. Nowadays, Everest base camp trekking starts from Lukla due to its easy accessibility from Kathmandu. However, Jiri to Everest Base Camp trekking is completely different and classical compared to the common trekking route. However, we found numerous tragic stories with this trail in the past. Despite this, the route has historical importance in itself.
Highlights of Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
- Natural beauty, green terraced farm, waterfalls, adventure white water rafting in the Bhote Koshi River, traditional settlements.
- Opportunity to experience bungee jumping in the Bhote Koshi on the way.
- The intact culture of local ethnic communities.
- Beautiful rhododendron and pine forest, numerous ethnic settlements, valleys, and amazing mountain views.
- Experience of the historical route used by the Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary in their Mt. Everest expedition in 1953.
- Spectacular view of Mt. Everest (8848m) along with Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Pumori, and Mt. Thamserku.
- Cultural performances, traditional and rituals practice for centuries.
- The hiking to the Kala Pattar-the perfect viewpoint of Everest,
- Remarkable and unique Tengboche monastery.
- Khumjung Glacier, Sagarmatha National Parks, its diversified flora and fauna.
Jiri to Everest Base Camp trekking begins with an overland bus drive from Kathmandu. It is a nice opportunity to observe the rural hilly highway. Furthermore, it offers typical village lifestyles of Nepal. The trail passes through beautiful hill town of Jiri. Jiri is also famous as mini Switzerland. The real trekking starts once you reach Sete or Bhandara. During the trek, the trail passes both lowland and hilly places like Deurali, Nunthala, and Buspar. However, the upper belt consists of alpine forests. In addition to this, the trail connects with another trail from Lukla at Phakding. Despite easy access to Lukla, some people still love to experience the traditional trail to Everest.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport
- Day 02: Drive to Bhandara via Jiri bazaar
- Day 03: Trek from Bhandara to Sete (2575m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 04: Trek from Sete to Junbesi (2670) - 6-7 hrs
- Day 05: Trek from Junbeshi to Nunthala (2220m)- 6 hrs
- Day 06: Trek from Buspa to Surke (2290m)
- Day 07: Trek from Buspa to Surke
- Day 08: Trek from Surke to Phakding (2652m) - 4-5 hrs
- Day 09: Trek from Phakding to Namche
- Day 10: Acclimatization Day in Namche
- Day 11: Trek from Namche to Tengboche
- Day 12: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche
- Day 13: Trek from Dingboche to Khangsaar village for the acclimatization
- Day 14: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche
- Day 15: Trek from Lobuche to EBC via Gorekshep and trek back to Gorekshep
- Day 16: Trek from Gorekshep to Kalapathar and then to Pheriche
- Day 17: Trek from Pheriche to Namche
- Day 18: Trek back from Namche to Lukla
- Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla
- Day 20: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Day 21: Final Departure to the destination
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport
• Oriental Journeys representative will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport
• The detail travel plan and essentials equipment will be discussed.
• Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu
Day 02: Drive to Bhandara via Jiri bazaar
• Start early morning drive from Kathmandu to Bhandar of Lamjung district which is about 187km.
• The trekking starts from Jiri, a magnificent small town.
• Jiri is the traditional Everest camp and the expedition starts from Jiri in the past days.
• The drive from Jiri to Bhandar offers you mesmerizing views of the mountains including Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Lirung and Dorje Lakpa.
Day 03: Trek from Bhandara to Sete (2575m) 6-7 hrs
• The trek descends down through thick forests crossing small glacial rivers and a small village of Dokharpa and Baranda.
• Then the trekking will be descending towards Surma Khola and the trek continues towards Likhu Khola valley.
Day 04: Trek from Sete to Junbesi (2670) - 6-7 hrs
• The uphill trekking continues towards Lamjura La Pass by a forest of maple, rhododendrons, pine, Magnolia, birch and local vegetation.
• We will reach at Tradobuk and Junbeshi after descending down to the trek.
• Overnight stay at Junbesi
Day 05: Trek from Junbeshi to Nunthala (2220m)- 6 hrs
• An hour uphill climb up the forest takes you to the location which offers you amazing views of Himalaya in front of your eyes.
• We can enjoy the visible mountain views of Mt. Nuptse, Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Mera Peak, and other mountains.
• The place offers you a first view of the Mt. Everest.
• The trekking trail descending towards Ringmo Khola and again ascends to Salung. After this, an hour of descending treks takes you to Nunthala.
• Overnight stay at Nunthala
Day 06: Trek from Buspa to Surke (2290m)
• The descending trail continues from Nunthala to Dudh Koshi river.
• After this, the trekking trail follows the river heading upward to Khumbu region of Nepal.
• The steep uphill trek from Khari khola takes you to Buspa
Day 07: Trek from Buspa to Surke
• We should cross the wooded trail to from Buspa to Kharte.
• We need to follow the uphill climb from Kharte to Khari La Pass.
• Then the uphill and downhill trekking along the Kharila Pass takes you to Surke.
• Overnight stay at Surke
Day 08: Trek from Surke to Phakding (2652m) - 4-5 hrs
• Today, the uphill trekking continues towards charikharka.
• After this, the trek leads us to Phakding after ascending to Chhiplung.
Day 09: Trek from Phakding to Namche
• The trekking trail from Phakding to Namche is a bit easier than other days trekking.
• The trail comprises of a suspension bridge with colorful prayer flags in it.
• The major highlight of the trail includes Tibetan wall painting and the occasional views of the mountain.
• Overnight stay at Namche
Day 10: Acclimatization Day in Namche
• We will be ready for early morning hiking from Namche bazar to Everest view hotel.
• Everest view hotel is the highest altitude located hotel in the world.
• The acclimatization from Namche to Everest view hotel helps you to get prepared for the trek upwards and to habituate ourselves to be fit in the highest altitudes. Because in order to get the victory in the successful trekking in the Everest region, the trekkers require strength, endurance, and power, and the acclimatization helps us to get all with a sense of success.
• The surrounding of the hotel offers you panoramic views of the mountains.
• In order to be fit for the highest altitude trekking in the Everest region, the trekkers are highly recommended to go through acclimatization hiking as it prepares your body and soul for trekking.
Day 11: Trek from Namche to Tengboche
• There is a mixed type of trekking trail from Namche to Tengboche. We need to cross the plain flat trail as well as steep uphill.
• The flat trekking trails offer the outstanding views of Mountains like Thamserku, Everest, Pumori, Lhotse, and other Himalayan ranges.
• After reaching Tengboche, we will be overwhelmed by the peace and serenity prevails in the monastery. Furthermore, the continuous prayers and the smell of incense coming from the monastery make ourselves more spiritual during the stay.
• Overnight stay at Tengboche
Day 12: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche
• After crossing the slight downhill trail, we enter in the small valley passing by pangboche. Beside this, we will further cross the suspension bridge and wooden bridges.
• Overnight stay at Dingboche.
Day 13: Trek from Dingboche to Khangsaar village for the acclimatization
• Another rest day takes place in Dingboche. The itinerary has been customized in a way so that we can provide maximum safe adventure as possible to the trekkers.
• This acclimatization trekking to Khangsar village provides you a chance to witness the Sherpa community culture and their lifestyles.
• Overnight stay at Khangsar village
Day 14: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche
• The trekking starts in uphill and the trail leads you in a small mountain valley.
• The small valley is very romantic because of picturesque views of the mountains and surrounding hills.
• After having lunch in Dukla, one-hour steep uphill trekking takes us to Lobuche.
Day 15: Trek from Lobuche to EBC via Gorekshep and trek back to Gorekshep
• We should motivate ourselves to reach the foothill of the world’s tallest mountain.
• The will power motivates you to reach the EBC. EBC offers you the spectacular views of the mountain.
• Once you reached in the lap of Mt. Everest, you have to trek back to Gorakshep for accommodation.
Day 16: Trek from Gorekshep to Kalapathar and then to Pheriche
• The early morning hike from Gorakshep to Kalapathar offers us another grand experience in this EBC trekking.
• The views of the surrounding mountains and the sun rays coming from the Himalayas would be the best scenes you ever seen by your naked eyes.
• The flocks of trekkers passing by along with the splendid views of the mountains make our trip memorable for the lifetime.
• After breakfast, the down-hill trek will take us to Pheriche after passing by a windy valley.
Day 17: Trek from Pheriche to Namche
• Trekking from Pheriche to Namche is relatively easier trekking in EBC trekking and it offers a mesmerizing memory of the journey which motivates us to complete the trekking.
• We have to follow descending trekking trails however, careful consideration should be taken although the trekking founds easier one.
Day 18: Trek back from Namche to Lukla
• Trek back to Lukla from Namche bazaar and it takes 6 to 7 hours in total.
Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla
• The scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu takes us to Kathmandu within 30 minutes.
• We will have plenty of time for shopping in Kathmandu.
• Oriental Journeys team will discuss the details of the trip in the evening.
Day 20: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
• The experienced tour leader of Oriental Journeys will accompany you to the World Heritage sites of Kathmandu including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, Patan Durbar Square and if time permits Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Day 21: Final Departure to the destination
• The teams of Oriental Journeys will take you at Tribhuvan International Airport, 3 hours earlier of your scheduled flight.
- Airport picks up & drops
- Flight fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Airport taxes
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry (30KG in maximum) your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Fees
- (TIMS) Trekker’s information Management System card
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit above 6 pax Compulsory from Agency
- Extra services according to the guest per Demand '' Please feel free to inform us''
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and
- personal effects.
- Hot Shower
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery etc
- Tips and Gratuities
Sorry, no testimonials found.