Nar Phu Valley Trek
- Grade: challenging
- Duration: 19 Days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Off The Beaten Path
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: April to June and September to November
- Highest Altitude: 5240m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 2490
Nar Phu valley trek is the most enthralling off the beaten path trek in Nepal. This trek leads you towards the fantastic, wild and unexplored Himalayan range located at the north of Mt. Annapurna. This trek takes us to the exotic and enthralling valley of Nar Phu. Nar–Phu Valley is located between the most visited Himalayas including Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Manaslu. Therefore, it offers trekkers a beautiful and rare opportunity to explore unspoiled valleys. Besides this, it further provides an opportunity to explore raw Himalayan nature and ancient Buddhist culture.
Highlights of Nar Phu Valley Trek
- Trek Off the Beaten Path
- Explore restricted Annapurna’s eco-touristic destination,
- Encounter different varied cultural regions in front of Himalayas
- Dramatic views of the snow-capped Annapurna Himalayan panorama of Mt Manaslu and Giant Dhaulagiri,
- High mountain pass Thorung La (5416m) and Kang-La Pass (5322m),
- Ancient monasteries, fortresses, and culture of time immortal
- The high plateau Trans Himalayan
Nar Phu Valley trek starts from Jagat following the trekking route of Annapurna circuit trail. Once you reach the valley, you will get a huge expanse of high snow peaks. In addition to this, you will also get a chance to observe ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. Furthermore, the trek also offers a chance to observe medieval Tibetan culture, dramatic mountain views, and great alpine scenery. Then, we move to the west over the Thorong La Pass and down through Lower Mustang before heading to Jomsom. We can take a flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu.
Oriental Journeys is always there to fulfil the dream of all the trekkers to experience this exotic and enthralling trekking to Nar Phu Valley. If you are not satisfied with the suggested itinerary you can customize on your own. Please send us to Email to customize it.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
- Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and trek preparation
- Day 03: Driving from Kathmandu to Jagat (1100m/ 3608ft.) -8-9 hours
- Day 04: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani (1960m/6430ft)
- Day 05: Trekking from Dharapani to Koto (2610m/8563ft)
- Day 06: Trekking from Koto to Meta (3560m/11680ft)
- Day 07: Trekking from MEta to Phu Gaon (4,250m/13,944ft)
- Day 08: Acclimatization day at Phu Gaon
- Day 09: Trekking from Phu Gaon to Nar (4,110m/ 13,484ft)
- Day 10: Acclimatization and preparation at Nar
- Day 11: Trekking from Nar to Kang La Pass (5,322m/17,460ft)
- Day 12: Trek from Ngwal to Manang (3,540m/11,614ft)
- Day 13: Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (4,110m/13,484ft.)
- Day 14: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,600m/15,092ft.)
- Day 15: Trekking from Thorong Phedi to Thorong La (5,416m/17,764ft.)
- Day 16: Trekking from Muktinath to Jomsom
- Day 17: Jomsom to Pokhara flight ( 827m/2,700ft.)
- Day 18: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 19: Final Departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
The representative from Oriental Journeys will receive you at the Tribhuwan International Airport and transfer you to the hotel. After having some rest, we will provide you a welcome dinner in a traditional Nepali restaurant. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and trek preparation
An experienced and licensed holder English speaking guide will take you from the hotel for sightseeing after having breakfast. Today, you will be visited the most historical and spiritual sites which have been listed in the UNESCO World Heritage sites. The site includes Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square. At the evening, we will buy the essential goods for trekking. Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Driving from Kathmandu to Jagat (1100m/ 3608ft.) -8-9 hours
We will be checking out from the hotel early in the morning and heading towards Jagat. On the way, we will be enjoying the picturesque views of Nepali countryside, lush greeneries, rivers, villages, farms, and mountain. After 8 to 9 hours of the scenic drive via Beshishar, we reached Jagat. Overnight stay in Jagat.
Day 04: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani (1960m/6430ft)
The trek begins early in the morning. Today, we start trekking. The trail from Jagat descends until it reaches the river and continues through a lush forest. After this, we should follow the ascending trek and it leads to a sharp-edged cliff facing the river bank. After crossing the suspension bridge, we climb steeply towards the slippery and physically challenging path which takes us to Tal. After Tal, we need to walk in the rugged and winding path. After crossing steeply forested village of Karte, we reach Dharapani. Overnight stay at Dharapani.
Day 05: Trekking from Dharapani to Koto (2610m/8563ft)
Today, the trek begins from Dharapani towards Bagarchhap through pine and fir forests. We can also visit the whitewashed monastery in the village. Trek continues till Danaque. After this, the trail is steeply ascending up to Timang where we can see a beautiful view of Mt. Manaslu and peak 29. Again the trail continues through pine forests till Latamarang from where we can see a short glimpse of Annapurna II. Overnight stay in Koto.
Day 06: Trekking from Koto to Meta (3560m/11680ft)
Today, we register our trekking in the restricted area permit at the police check post. Then we trek through the river bank of Soti Khola via pine forests, streams and suspension bridge then reach Dharmasala. After having packed lunch, we will continue the trek ascend steeply towards meta village. We can see a mesmerizing view of Mt. Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal. Overnight stay in Meta.
Day 07: Trekking from MEta to Phu Gaon (4,250m/13,944ft)
We start our trekking early in the morning to the traversing up and down path. During the trekking, we will cross may suspension bridges over different streams. After walking for four hours, we reach Kyang where we can see the remnants, the ruined forts of Khampa settlements. The trek continues to the Phu Khola on a rocky trail and finally reach Phu village again after four hours of walking. Overnight stay in Phu Gaon.
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Phu Gaon
The schedule has been developed to take rest and get acclimatized with the altitude in Phu Gaon. The reason for this is to make you habitual with all the risk of high altitude climbing. We can further explore the culture, natural diversity and religious practices of the ethnic groups like Lama, Gurung, and Ghale in this hidden valley. Likewise, we can further explore people's lifestyles and their surviving strategy depending upon agriculture, animal breeding, and seasonal migrations. In addition to this, you will have a beautiful opportunity to explore Tashi Lakhang Monastery - the old Buddhist monastery listed out of 108 worlds greatest Buddhist monasteries over here. Apart from exploring lifestyles and culture of the people of the valley, Phu Gaon also offers us a great view of Himlung Himal and other snow peaks in this region. Overnight stay at Phu Gaon.
Day 09: Trekking from Phu Gaon to Nar (4,110m/ 13,484ft)
The trek continues from the early morning and the trail descends down and we should pass many streams and suspension bridges until Mahendra bridge. We further pass the high suspension bridge 80m over the Gorge of Lapche River. After having lunch in Mahendra bridge. we should ascend the steep trail
and passing many Buddhist Stupas until Nar village. We further get a chance to visit Buddhist monasteries along with the glorious vistas of Pisang peak and other beautiful peaks. Overnight stay in Nar.
Day 10: Acclimatization and preparation at Nar
This is the second scheduled acclimatization day for this trek. Today, we will hike a day and explore the Nar village and have close look over the local culture and lifestyle. Furthermore, we further prepare the trek for the next day. Overnight stay in Nar village.
Day 11: Trekking from Nar to Kang La Pass (5,322m/17,460ft)
Today is the long trekking day so that the trek begins from early morning. The trek leads us to Kangla Pass from where we can see the Annapurna Massif. After this, we trek down to Ngwal and overnight stay at the same place.
Day 12: Trek from Ngwal to Manang (3,540m/11,614ft)
Today, we head to Manang. The trail passes through the isolated village of Paugh which offer an amazing view of Annapurna range. After this, we move gently uphill to Mungil and heading towards the main trail of Annapurna trail. Overnight stay at Manang.
Day 13: Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (4,110m/13,484ft.)
From Manang, we move ahead to a Village of Tenki above Manang. After this, we again continue to climb out of the Marshyangdi valley to the northwest of the Jarsing Khola. Then the trail passes towards the small village of Ghunsa, a cluster of flat mud roofs. After crossing a small river on a wooden bridge, the trail leads us towards a small village of Yak Kharka. Overnight stay at Yak kharka.
Day 14: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,600m/15,092ft.)
Today, we will be heading towards Thorong Phedi. This is a small but busy settlement which serves the needs of tired trekkers and climbers. We will be staying at Thorong Phedi in a lower altitude area.
Day 15: Trekking from Thorong Phedi to Thorong La (5,416m/17,764ft.)
Today, we will be reaching at an altitude of 5,416m height and this is one of the highlights of this trek. Therefore, we will start the trek early in the morning and go through the icy high altitude trail. The trek offers picturesque mountain vistas. We reach Muktinath by sunset which is an important pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhist. Overnight stay in Muktinath.
Day 16: Trekking from Muktinath to Jomsom
From Muktinath, we will descend down the dramatic Kali Gandaki gorge through the arid land. During the time, we pass Jharkot and khingar villages with typical Tibetan architecture. Overnight stay in Jomsom.
Day 17: Jomsom to Pokhara flight ( 827m/2,700ft.)
After having breakfast in Jomsom, we will fly back to Pokhara. This is a very scenic flight which takes us through the gorge of the two huge mountains called Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. Once we reach in Pokhara, we will be roaming around Lakeside in Pokhara and explore its beauty. After this, we can go for a boat ride in Fewa Lake and take a short hike to the World Peace Pagoda. We can end the day while roaming around the mesmerizing lakeside area. Overnight stay in Pokhara.
Day 18: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
After having breakfast in a hotel, we will drive back to Kathmandu. During the bus drive, you will enjoy the farm field, rural villages, and streams on the way. We will stay in a hotel in Kathmandu. In the evening, we will be roaming around the market for shopping. In the night, we will celebrate the successful completion of our journey with a farewell dinner. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 19: Final Departure
Today is the last day of your visit to Nepal. A representative from Oriental Journeys will drop off you at the airport 3 hours earlier than your scheduled flight. While waiting for the flight, you will have plenty of time to plan the next trip to this wonderful country of Nepal.
- Airport Pickups and Drop off in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in a B & B basis
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals during the trek
- welcome and farewell dinners
- All the grounded transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flight (Jomsom to Pokhara)
- Guided City Tour in Kathmandu in a private vehicle
- All entrance fees for sightseeing/monuments visit as per the itinerary
- An experienced English speaking guide and governmental licensed trek leader
- All the staff cost including salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Oriental Journeys T-shirt and trekking map
- All necessary permits and paperwork.
- Medical Kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee and international air fares
- Hotel accommodation, Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara due to early arrival in Nepal or late departure from Nepal, early return from the mountain because of any reason than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance for trekkers only
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, soft or hard beverages, recharge the battery, bottled/boiled water, extra porters, hot shower, tea etc.) during trekking
- Tips and gratuities for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
Sorry, no testimonials found.