Rara Lake Short Trek
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 4 to 6 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Off The Beaten Path
- Best Seasons: September-November & March-May
- Price of Package:USD 1400
Highlights of Rara Lake Trek
- Excursion of largest Lake of Nepal.
- Picturesque sceneries.
- Visit remote and isolated traditional villages
Rara lake short trek is the most beautiful and the largest lake in Nepal Himalaya of 10.8 sq km at an altitude of 2990 meter. It is the wish lists of many internal tourists. However, few foreign tourist trekkers venture it due to its remoteness. The main attraction of the trek is beautiful lakes periphery surrounded by the dense pine forest at the top of the valley. This is also considered as the Queen of Lakes. During the sunny day, the blue sky over the lake and the reflection of Mt. Saipal further add beauty in the glory of Rara Lake.
Rara lake is protected by Rara National Park, the smallest parks of the country. It locates at an altitude ranges from 1800m to 4048 m of pristine forest, black juniper, Himalayan spruce oak, and other related species. The park is the ideal habitat for musk deer and other wildlife including Himalayan black bear, leopard, goral, Himalayan Thar and wild boar. Snow trout is the only one species of fish found in the deep serene of Rara lake.
The exotic and wonderful journey starting with a scenic flight toward tropic at Nepalgunj city. After this, another exotic flight to Talcha airport of Mugu takes you to the Rara trekking trail. However, the lake further offers long trekking route. For this, the one needs to fly to Jumla from Nepalgunj. The long trek leads through interesting villages of Hindu Thakuri Malla and Tibetan, who influenced tribes with rich custom and traditions. This trek also offers amazing views of high snow-capped mountains.
- 01 : Kathmandu
- 02 : Fly to Nepalgunj
- 03 : Nepalgunj – Talcha Airport, Near Rara Mugu
- 04 : Explore exotic view of Rara
- 05 : Rara – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
- 06 : DEPARTURE
• Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport.
• Check into a Hotel
02: Fly to Nepalgunj
• After breakfast, visit Pashupatinath temple which is one of the most sacred Hindu shrine in the World along with the holy river Bagmati and the burning ghats.
• Visit one of the oldest and biggest stupa of Boudhanath.
• After lunch, drive to the airport to catch a flight to Nepalgunj.
03: Nepalgunj – Talcha Airport, Near Rara Mugu
• Drive to the airport to catch a flight to Talcha.
• Arrive at Talcha.
• Hike (trek) to Rara National Park.
• Camp out for the night.
04: Explore exotic view of Rara
•. Arrive Explore Rara lake and the surrounding area for the whole day. Be with the nature for the day.
• Explore Rara Lake
• Boating in Rara Lake for (1) one hour.
• Visit Murma Top (2 hours walk) to see the exotic view of Rara lake
05: Rara – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
• Hike from Rara to Talcha Airport.
• Fly to Nepalgunj and then get a connecting flight to Kathmandu.
• Arrive in Kathmandu.
• Check into a hotel.
•Sightseeing in Lalitpur.
Transfer to airport for final departure. End of services
- Airport picks up & drops
- Airport taxes
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry (30KG in maximum) your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- National Park Entry Permit Fees
- (TIMS) Trekker’s information Management System card
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit above 6 pax Compulsory from Agency
- Extra services according to the guest per Demand '' Please feel free to inform us''
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and
- personal effects.
- Hot Shower
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery etc
- Tips and Gratuities