Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 12 Days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Annapurna Trekking
- Departure: Flexible
- Best Seasons: Mar - May, Sep - Dec
- Highest Altitude: 4,130 mtrs.
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 1400
Highlights of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Wandering around Gurung Villages
- Lush Forests of Rhododendrons and oaks
- Numerous Perennial rivers and suspension bridges
- A glimpse of Nepalese Rural lifestyle
- Delicious Nepalese Food Sets
- The gaze of stunning Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Massif
- A gaze of Starway over the mountain range
- Ghandruk, Ghorepani and Poon Hill Trek
- Beautiful mountain vistas
- Alluring sunrise and sunsets
- Pokhara valley and much more…
Annapurna literally means ‘the goddess of the harvests’. The mountain measures 8,091 meters above sea level. It is the tenth highest mountain on earth.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is popularly also known as Annapurna Sanctuary trek. The journey to its base camp is on top of the best trekking routes in the world. As many other trails in the region, the trek begins in Pokhara, specifically the Dhampus ridge. It passes through gushing waterfalls, ethnic villages, terraced farmlands, lush rhododendron forests, providing one with the picturesque panorama of the mountains.
It follows an exquisite river basin called the Annapurna Sanctuary with deep gorges, narrow and dazzling river and glacier valleys. The route gives a chance to view more than 10 enormous mountains serially.
The route often combines with a visit to Ghandruk, Ghorepani and Poon Hill Trek. Several extensions of the route take to Muktinath and Lhomanthang, which are among other major attractions of the route. Annapurna Conservation Area subsumes the entire surrounding area. It, therefore, takes you deep into the mountains to the amphitheaters of the Annapurnas, unraveling the beauty of the rich nature and culture of the region.
There are some different routes leading to Annapurna Base Camp. The trail goes in a clockwise direction. It starts from Nayapul to Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Tadapani, Chhomrung, Deurali, and lastly to the Annapurna Base Camp. The trail will also take you to the popular Poon Hill. It normally takes 10-12 days to cover this route depending upon the time of the trekker. Because the path mostly goes through the highlands of the region, high altitude might be a challenge. Another challenge might be the slippery nature of the classical route. The popular and shortcut trail to get the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is via Ghandruk village. Ghandruk is a famous Gurung village of the region
Autumn (September to November), and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the trek when it is sunny and warm and has when you could get clear views of the mountains. December to February would be favorable if you want to avoid the crowds and the heavy traffic and enjoy some time alone with nature. However, the temperature could be harsh during that time of the year. Trekking in monsoon (June to August) will be affected by rain, but the summer trek could be a boon for any keen botanist.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02 : Fly to Pokhara (827m/2,700ft), trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft): 30 minutes flight, 5 - 6 hours trek
- Day 03 : Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft): 5 - 6 hours
- Day 04 : Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m/7578ft): 4 - 5 hours
- Day 05 : Bamboo to Deurali (3230m/10,595ft): 3 - 4 hours
- Day 06 : Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m/12135ft): 5- 6 hours
- Day 07 : Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft) to Bamboo
- Day 08 : Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m/5770 ft): 5 - 6 hours
- Day 09 : Trek to Siwai then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
- Day 10 : Drive / Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 11 : Full Day Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- Day 12 : Departure to your own destination
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
After your arrival at Tribhuvan Internaional Airport, Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft), a representative from Oriental Journeys will receive you and take to Hotel in Thame. There will be a briefing session for trekking program and introduction with your guide.
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara (827m/2,700ft), trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft): 30 minutes flight, 5 - 6 hours trek
Your guide from Oriental Journeys will pick you up from your hotel and you will drive to domestic airport in Kathmandu. After a flight of 30 minutes, you will land in Pokhara. We have a private vehicle arrangement at Pokhara to drop you at Nayapul. You will catch a local vehicle there at Nayapul that will drop you to Ulleri after an hour drive. Then your trek starts at Ulleri. Walking ascending trail you will reach fat Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft.
Overnight at teahouse lodge
Day 03: Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft): 5 - 6 hours
As usual, your trekking program starts after breakfast You will experience friendly villagers with smiling faces. Gurung community, culture, nature and their warm hospitality are the major attraction of this area.
For night you will stay at local lodge at Chhomrong.
Day 04: Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m/7578ft): 4 - 5 hours
Trek starts after breakfast. The trail out of Chhomrong descends via 2500 stone steps and crosses the Chhomrong Khola on a swaying suspension bridge. You can enjoy photography on the way. The trail near Sinuwa is uphill. You have to pass through a beautiful forest to reach Kuldihar. There is easy downhill walk to Bamboo.
Overnight at teahouse in Bamboo.
Day 05: Bamboo to Deurali (3230m/10,595ft): 3 - 4 hours
You have to walk through damp and cold bamboo forest for the first part of trek. The astounding views of the glacial river please your heart. You can visit Hinku Cave on the way. The trail passes closer to the river before climbing again to Deurali, You will be enjoying the scenic stretch of the day and the vertical rock face cliffs above with bands of wispy waterfalls.
Overnight in Deurali.
Day 06: Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m/12135ft): 5- 6 hours
Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m/12135ft): 5- 6 hours
Today, you have to climb gently through a river bed and walk steep trail over to the mountain side. You will be enjoying strenous hike from Bagar to Machhapuchhre Base Camp. The majestic Machhapuchhre offers you its own wonderful view along with the view of Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna.
Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 07: Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft) to Bamboo
You can spent several minutes taking morning photographs of the mountains and surroundings. After breakfast retrace the same way back from Annapurna to Bamboo. It is an easy downhill walk. There extraordinary landscapes cheer you up.
Overnight at Bamboo.
Day 08: Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m/5770 ft): 5 - 6 hours
Today, you have to walk ups and down trial for the whole day. At the beginning, the trail from Bamboo to Kuldighar is uphill, then there is downhill walk to Chhomrong Khola and again climbing up to Chhomrong. Finally, you have to descend to Jhinu Danda. The mountain views, local flora and fauna make you experience a different. After checking in your room at lodge, you can walk down few minutes to enjoy hot spring bath. It will be a relaxing moment.
Day 09: Trek to Siwai then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1 hour drive
This day you will be trekking down to Siwai catch a vehicle there and drive to Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu
After breakfast in the morning you will move to Kathmandu. If you fly, there will be time for you to visit some sites in Kathmandu the same day. But driving to Kathmandu, will take 5-6 hours.
Day 11: Full Day Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
After your Breakfast your sightseeing program starts at 9 am. There will be a full day Kathmandu valley tour with an English speaking tour guide from Oriental Journeys.
Today you will be visiting UNESCO listed World heritage sites of valley; PASHUPATINATH, BOUDDHANATH, SWAYAMBHU and KATHAMANDU DURBAR SQUARE.
vernight at same hotel.
Day 12: Departure to your own destination
Farewell and Final Departure to your destination from Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- 4 times Airport picks up & drops
- Flight fair Kathmandu/Pokhara/ Kathmandu ( Guest + Guide)
- Airport taxes
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry (30KG in maximum) your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- Annapurna Conservation Area Fees
- (TIMS) Trekker’s information Management System card
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit above 6 pax Compulsory from Agency
- Extra services according to the guest per Demand '' Please feel free to inform us''
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and personal effects.
- Hot Shower
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery etc
- Tips and Gratuities