Everest Mini Trek
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 10 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Everest Trekking
- Best Seasons: Mar - May, Sep - Dec
- Highest Altitude: 3860m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 1375
Everest region is famous for its wilderness adventure. Everest Mini Trek offers a chance to encounter the Himalayan beauty. This trek is a wonderful opportunity to experience the festival of local Sherpa people in their traditional attire.
The Everest Mini Trek starts from Lukla and the trail follows Phakding to Namche Bazaar. The ancient village of Tengboche is the next camp of the trek. Tengboche is popular for its peace and tranquillity. The famous festival like Mani Rimdu is celebrated here that adds beauty to make the region more vigorous.
The itinerary recommends a day of acclimatization in Namche Bazaar to minimize the risk of the high altitude sickness. Tengboche is the final point of the Everest Mini trek. Sherpa people organize their festival on the base of Tibetan Lunar Calendar. The festival of Mani Rimdu occurs on the month of October or November. Everest Mini Trek is suitable for those who are more conscious of high altitude sickness and not confident to go up to Kalapatthar.
Kalapatthar, the major viewpoint of Everest trek, is the best point to see the close-up view of Mt. Everest and other neighboring mountain peaks.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1310m)
- Day 02 : Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and trek to Phakding ( 2610m) - 3 hrs
- Day 03 : Trek from phakding to Namche (3440m) - 5-6 hrs
- Day 04 : Acclimatization and Exploration day in Namche
- Day 05 : Trek from Namche to Tongboche
- Day 06 : Trek from Tengboche and trek back to Monjo
- Day 07 : Trek back from Monjo to Lukla
- Day 08 : Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla
- Day 09 : Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- Day 10 : Final Departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1310m)
The representative of Oriental Journeys welcome you in the Tribhuvan International Airport and you will be transferred to the hotel in Kathmandu. In the afternoon, you will provide briefing about each day program. In the same day, the company will hand over the Sagarmatha National Park permits and TIMS card. In the evening, you will get chance to interact with guide and other crew about the trekking.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and trek to Phakding ( 2610m) - 3 hrs
After having breakfast in the hotel, you will have scenic flight to Lukla, which is also known as Sir Edmund Hilary Airport from Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. When you reach Lukla, your guide will made necessary arrangements for the trekking. In the day, the trek starts from Lukla and ends in Phakding where you will get an opportunity to see rhododendron forest with paved stone staircase. In addition to this, during the trek, you will cross the suspension bridge, sherpa village, monastery, stone paintings, and Dudh koshi river gorge. You will stay overnight in Phakding where company provides all meal and accommodation.
Day 03: Trek from phakding to Namche (3440m) - 5-6 hrs
Today, you will trek from Phakding to Namche bazzar along the way of Dudhkoshi river. The trek offers the very magnificent views of Thamserku and Chumoa village. In the same day, the trek takes you at the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park and your guide pay the fee and take permit. You will have lunch at Jorsalle and continue the trek. During the trek, you will cross the suspension bride, sandy and rocky trail on Dudhkoshi and Bhotekoshi rivers. After this, you will reach at Namche bazaar after two hours walk. Namche bazaar is also known Sherpa Capital which offers you a panoramic views of mountains. You will provided all meals and accommodation in Namche bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization and Exploration day in Namche
In this day, you will get an opportunity to explore Namche bazaar and its surrounding. There are plenty of places to explore however, one day is not enough for this all. Therefore, Oriental Journey recommends you to visit one of the oldest Sherpa village and Everest view hotel. From there, you can see the splendid views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Kangtega and Thamserkhu. The lunch will be done in Khumjung or In Namche. This day is the most highlighted day of your trip and you will acclimatize in the day and ready for the high altitude trek in the following day. In addition to this, you will get an opportunity to observe Sherpa culture and history of Everest expedition team. Overnight stay in Namche bazaar and you will get all meal there.
Day 05: Trek from Namche to Tongboche
The trek starts after having breakfast in Namche bazaar. Today, you will climb up the stone stairs about 30 minutes then you will catch flat trails with eye catching view of snow-capped mountains. You will have your lunch in Phungi Thanka, and you will get few lodges with basic services available. After this, the trail goes up to Tengboche via rhododendron forest. Tengboche is the famous place with having the biggest Buddhist monastery where Mani Rimdu festival have been performed in 3rd, 4th and 5th of November in every year. This is the place where you can enjoy with the close up views if Thamserkhu mountain. The overnight will spend in Tengboche.
Day 06: Trek from Tengboche and trek back to Monjo
The day starts with visit to Monastery and seeing monks which is located nearby the lodge you are staying. You will also see the morning views of the mountain when you descend back until Phungi Thanka. After crossing the suspension bridge and trek for an hour, you will get the flat trails towards Namche bazaar where you will have your lunch. After that, you will arrive at Monjo after two hours walk from Namche bazar. You will stay overnight at Monjo.
Day 07: Trek back from Monjo to Lukla
This is the final day of your Everest Mini trek and you will keep on going back to Lukla. You can have fun with your group, guide and the porter on the way back. You will stay overnight at Lukla for the last day with your guide and porter. You will provide all the meals in the day.
Day 08: Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla
The day is scheduled for flying back to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport after having breakfast. Since there is chances of delaying in flight due to the changing weather condition, you should have to wait for your good flight. You will provided breakfast, lunch and dinner in the day.
Day 09: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
Kathmandu valley is rich with world heritage sites in its land. Along with the trekking, you will get an opportunity to enjoy the sightseeing tour at the world heritage sites of Kathmandu valley with an experienced guide. The sites includes pashupatinath, boudhanath, swayambhunath and Kathmandu durbar square. In this day, you will provide breakfast.
Day 10: Final Departure
It is your last day in Nepal and Oriental journeys representative will drop you at the airport 2 hours early to avoid the any unforeseen situations of Kathmandu traffic jams. You will provide breakfast for this day.
- 4 times Airport picks up & drops
- Flight fair Kathmandu/ Lukla / Kathmandu ( Guest + Guide)
- Airport taxes
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry 20KG/ 25KG your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- Sagarmatha National park Fees
- (TIMS) Trekker’s information Management System
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit
- Extra services according to the guest per Demand '' Please feel free to inform us''
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses such as Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and personal effects.
- Flights in the Everest region are very dedicated even in the best season due to bad weather and company is not responsible in this case, we can process another alternative way out in extra cost.
- Hot Shower
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery etc
- Tips and Gratuities