Gokyo Lake Trek
- Grade: Difficult
- Duration: 14 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Everest Trekking
- Best Seasons: Autumn (sept-Dec), Spring (Feb- May)
- Highest Altitude: 5357m/17570 Ft
- Start-Ends: Lukla
- Price of Package:USD 1150
Gokyo Lake trek is one of the beautiful treks in the Everest region. Gokyo Lake provides the significant viewpoints of Mt. Everest and the other Himalayas range. Since this the alternative trail to the classic Everest base camp trek of Everest region, it takes you into the valley of the west of Mt. Everest. The major attraction of Gokyo Lake Trek is beautiful Gokyo Lake situated at an altitude of 5000m. Furthermore, it also offers a rocky peak along with the best expansive and spectacular views of Mt. Everest.
Gokyo Lake Trek fulfills the trekker’s wish to walk in the Everest region without the physical stress of reaching out to the base camp of Everest or crossing high passes. This trek is best for the trekkers who wish to trek differently in the Everest region. Beside this, this trek is ideal for those trekkers who want to reach the base camp of the World’s tallest mountain in the Everest Base Camp Trek. Beside Gokyo lake trek, Everest high passes trek becomes an option for the trekkers interested in conquering the high mountain passes in the Everest Region.
Oriental Journeys wants to fulfill the dream of the avid trekkers to trek in the Everest region.
Highlights of the Trip
- Beautiful Gokyo Lake at an altitude of 5000 m
- a rocky peak along with the best expansive and spectacular views of Mt. Everest.
- Day 01 : Arrival In Kathmandu Airport
- Day 02 : Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Trek to Phakding ( 2610m)- 3 hour
- Day 03 : Trek from Phakding to Namche (3440m)- 5/6 hours
- Day 04 : Namche Bazar: Acclimatization
- Day 05 : Trek to Dole
- Day 06 : Trek from Dole to Machhermo
- Day 07 : Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo
- Day 08 : Gokyo to Gokyo Ri to Dole
- Day 09 : Trek back to Namche
- Day 10 : Return back to Lukla
- Day 11 : Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 12 : Full Day Kathmandu Valley sightseeing
- Day 13 : Final Departure
- Day 14 : Final Departure
Day 01: Arrival In Kathmandu Airport
- The representative of Oriental Journeys welcome you at Airport and transfer you at the hotel.
- After some rest, we will provide the brief about travel plan and itinerary.
- Introduce with trekking guide and provide the information about Gokyo Lakes.
- Welcome dinner in Nepali restaurants along with cultural show will be provided.
-Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Trek to Phakding ( 2610m)- 3 hour
- Early morning flight takes you to Lukla from Kathmandu valley, Tenzing Hilary Airport.
- After reaching Lukla, we will start our trekking to Phakding via rhododendron forests.
- We will cross suspension bridge from where we can see the splendid views of Sherpa Village, Monastery and Dudh Koshi river gorge.
- Overnight stay at hotel in Phakding
Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche (3440m)- 5/6 hours
- Trekking starts after having breakfast
- Then we climb up to Benkar Village to get best view of Thamserku (6008m).
- We continue the treks and cross the suspension bridge to reach Monjo.
- Monjo is the entrance of the Sagarmatha National Park and we need to show our trekking permit and cross the suspension bridge.
- We will take shorter trekking trails and cross Hilary suspension bride.
- We will enjoy the scenic view Thamserkhu, Kongde, Kusum and Kangaru mountains in Namche bazaar.
- Overnight stay at hotel
Day 04: Namche Bazar: Acclimatization
- In order to avoid High altitude sickness after crossing 3000m, and the acclimatization in Namche would prepare you to adjust your body.
- The guide will lead you to Everest View Hotel (3880m) or Khumjung village.
- While ascending the trails, we can see panoramic views of Mt. Everest and Amadablam.
- Then we descend down to Namche bazaar for overnight stay.
Day 05: Trek to Dole
- Today, we will climb up some stony staircase for the first half an hour and trek on flat trails.
- Then we catch ascending trail to Mong La Danda for 2 hours.
- The trail has lesser traffic compared to EBC trails.
-Overnight stay at Dole
Day 06: Trek from Dole to Machhermo
- We will follow the ascending trail to Macchermo on the wide valley with mountain views of Kangtega, Thamserkua and Kusum Kanguru.
- Machhermo has good lodges and also there is a hospital for the trekkers.
- Overnight stay at Machhermo.
Day 07: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo
-We will follow ascending trekking trails which offers the majestic view of Mt. Kanga and Mountain Cho-Oyu.
- The trek continues towards Panka village (4380m).
- We need to walk to narrow trails until Ngozumpa glacier and cross the wooden bridge.
- After some trekking, we will reach the second lake at 4720m and Dudh Pokhari at 4750m which is very close to Gokyo (4780m).
- Overnight stay at Gokyo
Day 08: Gokyo to Gokyo Ri to Dole
- We will wake up early in the morning today and start trekkign to Gokyo Ri with dim torch light.
- We will get Gokyo Lake about 2 to 3 hours trek.
- We will hike uphill from Gokyo Lakes towards Gokyo Ri from where we can observe the glorious morning sunrise.
- Furthermore, we can further see 90 degree splendid view of Mt. Everest and its neighbor mountain.
- Overnight stay at dole
Day 09: Trek back to Namche
- We will descend down to Mong La Danda with the spectacular view of mountains.
- After having tea, we will descend down to Namche.
- Celebration for successfully completely Gokyo Ri Trek.
- Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 10: Return back to Lukla
- Trekking continues to Lukla for 3 hours.
- This is the final day of the trekking and we will enjoy the trekking.
- Overnight stay at Lukla
Day 11: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- We will flight from Lukla to Kathmandu (40 minutes flight)
- Take rest in Kathmandu
- Overnight stay at Kathmandu
Day 12: Full Day Kathmandu Valley sightseeing
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing in the world heritage sites of Nepal including : Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square in a private vehicle.
Day 13: Final Departure
- Depart to you final destination
-Oriental Journeys will drop you from hotel to airport 3 hours earlier of scenic flight.
Day 14: Final Departure
- Pick up and drop service
- Domestic flight (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea and coffee (2 times) during the trek
- Accommodation of guest house, lodge in Twin sharing during the trek
- Trekking permits (TIMS and National Park Entry fee)
- Experience guide and porter cost
- Luggage carrying fee per person during the trek( porter or yaks)
- Salary, food and accomodation, insurance, equipment for trekking staffs
- Medical kit for a group
- All hotel accomodation in Kathmandu
- Farewell dinner before departure
- Government and local taxes
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic drinks, personal expenses, mineral water, phone calls, laundry and internets
- Emergency rescue evacuation if necessary like personal accident insurance or helicopter rescue
- Personal trekking gears and extra luggage
- Porter cost (extra) - US $15 per person per days per 20 kg
- International flight tickets, re issue or date change if necessary
- Nepal Visa fee
- Tips, souvenir and gifts