Manaslu Circuit Trek
- Grade: Challenging
- Duration: 18 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Off The Beaten Path
- Best Seasons: Autumn & Spring
- Highest Altitude: 5,106 m / 16,752 ft (Larkya La pass)
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Price of Package:USD 2500
Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the most astonishing treks. A diversified ethnic community is living in the region which makes it an attractive region for visitors. The foreign visitors are allowed for trekking to this region since 1991.
Manaslu Circuit Trek is among the best treks in Nepal. Although it is gaining more popularity and more people are interested to visit it, the Manaslu Trek is still considered off-the-beaten-path and remote compared to other famous teahouse treks in Nepal. The trek takes you around Mt. Manaslu which is the eighth highest mountain at 8,163 meters (26,781 ft) in the world.
Why Manaslu Circuit Trek?
- Manaslu Circuit Trek is well-known peers of Everest Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit but far less crowded than them.
- Manaslu is getting out popularity, but we still see fewer trekkers on the trail
- The trek is wild and remote, yet there are teahouses at the everyday stage, so trekkers don’t need to bring tents and food, making it more accessible and affordable than similar treks.
- Easily avoids domestic flight to reach the trailhead.
- Opportunity to visit exemplary cantilever bridge.
- You will trek from the subtropical jungle at lower elevations, through the Himalayan foothills to the high experiencing the scenery in a single trip all Nepal has to offer.
- Ultimately, the cold and challenging crossing of the Larkya La above 5,100 meters / 17,000 feet.
Manaslu Circuit Trek is a perfect combination of rich cultural heritage and unsurpassed Himalayan beauty with distinct biological diversity. It starts from the Budi Gandaki River and goes up to Larke-La. Larke La is a wide mountain pass (5213m) connecting Budi Gandaki valley with Marshyangdi Valley. During the trek, the panoramic mountain views and a superb glimpse of attractive mountains like Himalchuli, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu will make your journey memorable.
Alike other trekking destinations, you can do the trek from two different routes. The first route passes via Dudh Pokhari pass and another through the usual route by crossing the Larke La.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264 ft]
- Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sotikhola [710m/2328 ft] 8 - 9 hours
- Day 04: Soti Khola - Maccha Khola [900m/2952 ft]: 6 - 7 hours
- Day 05: Maccha Khola -Jagat [1410m/ 4625 ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
- Day 06: Jagat - Deng [1,804m/5917 ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
- Day 07: Deng - Namrung [2630m/8626ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
- Day 08: Namrung – Samagaon [3530m/11,578 ft]: 6-7 hours
- Day 09: Samagaon - Pungyen gompa - Samagaon: 6 - 7 hours exploration
- Day 10: Samagaon - Samdo [3860m/12,660 ft]: 4 - 5 hours
- Day 11: Rest Day in Samdo
- Day 12: Samdo - Dharamsala/Larkya B. C. [4460m/14, 628 ft]: 4 - 5 hours
- Day 13: Dharamsala - Larkya la [5160m/16, 924 ft] - Bimthang [3720m/12, 201 ft]: 8 - 9 hours
- Day 14: Bimthang - Tilije [2300m/7544ft]: 5 - 6 hours
- Day 15: Tilije - Tal [1700m/5576 ft]: 5 - 6 hours(1700)
- Day 16: Tal - Syange [1080m/3542 ft]: 6 - 7 hours
- Day 17: Syange - Kathmandu: 8-9 hours
- Day 18: Final Departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264 ft]
The representative of Oriental Journeys will welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you at the hotel. After having some rest in hotel, we will provide you detail trip information along with welcome dinner with cultural programs in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
After getting all the trekking permits, you will be taken for sightseeing in the historical and architectural sites of Kathmandu valley including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath and Boudhha Stupa, which are listed in the world heritage sites of Kathmandu. After this, you will have some time for preparing trekking equipment. Overnight stay at hotel in a BB basis.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sotikhola [710m/2328 ft] 8 - 9 hours
Today, We will drive early in the morning towards Dhading Besi, the district headquarter of Dhading district. We will continue the drive towards Arughat through narrow road. After reaching at Arughat bazzar, we will explore the local market of this region and heading towards Sotikhola. We will get enjoyable views of scattered houses in the green mountains and valleys, waterfalls, rivers and cascade paddy fields to introduce ethnic groups. Overnight stay at local market.
Day 04: Soti Khola - Maccha Khola [900m/2952 ft]: 6 - 7 hours
Today, we will walk towards beautiful pine forest after crossing the suspension bridge at Soti Khola. We have mixed types of trekking trail that sometimes we need to climb up and sometimes walk down with the beautiful views of waterfalls on a steep ridge. Along with this, we will walk along the beautiful terrace rice field then we reached to Gurung village of Lapubeshi and further climb rocky mountain. After crossing another suspension bridge, we reach at Machha Khola and overnight stay there.
Day 05: Maccha Khola -Jagat [1410m/ 4625 ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
We will walk through gentle trek which takes us to Khorlabei after crossing Tharo khola. After this, we will climb another ridge and cross suspension bridge in Budhigandaki river. After walking through some descend and ascend trekking trails, we will reach at Dobhan. Then we again cross the river in Thado bharyang and from this onwards, we will ascend over a ridge and we will arrive at Jagat. Overnight stay at Jagat.
Day 06: Jagat - Deng [1,804m/5917 ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
We will start our trekking early in the morning and ascending towards salleri over a rocky ridge. During the trek, we will be enjoying while walking along the cascade millet field and arive at Ekle Bhatti. The trek continues towards a steep and uninhabited gorge. After crossing bamboo buses, we reach at Deng and overnight stay there.
Day 07: Deng - Namrung [2630m/8626ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
We will reach at Deng after crossing Budhi Gandaki River and climb an hour to reach Rana. We should again have to ascend short trail and walk to the west valley through the forest and crossing waterfalls and mani walls in the Tibetan village. Then again we will walk steep up through rhododendron forest and arrive at Namrung. Namrung offers tremendous views of Himal Chuli, Shirung , Namrung and Ganesh himal. Overnight stay at Namrung.
Day 08: Namrung – Samagaon [3530m/11,578 ft]: 6-7 hours
Today, we will get an opportunity to walk through the rhododendron forest and reached at Lihi village with Tibetan's Chortens and terrace barley fields. It further offers the views of Ganesh Himal. We will pass by some Tibetan village and we will see Manaslu and Himchuli Himal are seen through the entire landscape. Some did acclimatization today and we will analyze the group condition and movea ahaed to Samagaun.
Day 09: Samagaon - Pungyen gompa - Samagaon: 6 - 7 hours exploration
This will be two nights rest in Samagaon. You will be hiking upto Pungyen Gompa and return back to Samagaon for overnight stay.
Day 10: Samagaon - Samdo [3860m/12,660 ft]: 4 - 5 hours
We will continue our trekking towards Samdo village depending on our body condition. After crossing Samdo village, we will continue our walk towards Manaslu Base Camp but we will follow the right side of the trail which leads us towards Larke Pass. After crossing Juniper birch forest and wooden bridge on Budhi Gandaki river, we will make climb to reach Samdo, inhabited by Tibetans migrated from Chinese territory to their homeland after 50 years.
Day 11: Rest Day in Samdo
We usually do acclimatization in Samde to avoid high altitude sickness for the rest of the trekking days. In the mature morning, our guide will lead us to climb the high elevation but we should have to follow AMS rules. Today, we will go and climb some heights and then come back to lodge.
Day 12: Samdo - Dharamsala/Larkya B. C. [4460m/14, 628 ft]: 4 - 5 hours
After acclimatization in Samdo, we will trek down and cross the wooden bridge over Budhi Gandaki River in the early morning trekking. We will climb up through the Junipe bush which offers beautiful view of Larke La Glacier. After 3 to 4 hours of walking high hills, we will reach at Dharmasala where we can get accommodation facility. After this, we will do some acclimatization in Dharmashala to make our body fit without any problems. Overnight stay at Dharmasala.
Day 13: Dharamsala - Larkya la [5160m/16, 924 ft] - Bimthang [3720m/12, 201 ft]: 8 - 9 hours
We will get wake up call from our guide in the early morning at 3:30 am and after having breakfast, we will start our trek to Bhimtang. The reason for early morning trekking is to avoid cold winds on the top. After climbing to the ridge, we will get an opportunity to see some frozen lakes and Larke glacier on the side. While climbing, we will face that the last part of Larke La Top is quite tougher to climb. Once you reach at the top, you will have opportunity to see the outstanding view of Himalayas in the different directions like Himlung himal, Kanguru, Annapurna II as well as soothing Mt. Manaslu in the west direction. We will be taking some picture for the success to reach at the top and descends down to Bhimtang.
Day 14: Bimthang - Tilije [2300m/7544ft]: 5 - 6 hours
The trek continues in the morning and once you are moving ahead towards Bhitang Tilje, you will leave the generous peak behind you. During the trekking, we will be walking through the rhododendron forest which will take us to Karache, the highest cultivated region of Nepal and the trek continues towards Gho village. After this, we will continue our trek towards Tilje for the last party at the lodge according to our trekking plan.
Day 15: Tilije - Tal [1700m/5576 ft]: 5 - 6 hours(1700)
Today, we will be doing short trekking to Bagarchhap for two hours and descend down to some of the millet farmland and walk through the beautiful tropical forest.
Day 16: Tal - Syange [1080m/3542 ft]: 6 - 7 hours
Day 17: Syange - Kathmandu: 8-9 hours
Day 18: Final Departure
Today is your last day in Nepal. If you have time, you can do shopping in your free time. We will drop you at the airport before 3 hours of scheduled flight.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Accommodation with breakfast in Three star hotels
- Accommodation and all the meals including Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trekking
- Transportation used during the trekking
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with English language speaking tour guide
- All entrance fee during the sightseeing and trekking
- An experienced English speaking guide, if required, other language guide on request (bit costly) and for more than 5 trekkers, an assistance guide will be provided)
- Porter (usually one porters for two trekkers will be provided)
- Guide, assistant guide, porter and other necessary staff salaries, insurance food and accommodation along with the airfare when required.
- Achievement certificate, T-shirt and trekking map are provided from the company.
- Conservation area entry permit fee
- TIMS and all necessary permits during trekking
- First Aid Medical kit and other necessary medicines
- Farewell dinner
- All the government and local taxes
- Lunch and dinner during the stay in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic drinks, personal expenses, mineral water, phone calls, laundry and internets
- Emergency rescue evacuation if necessary like personal accident insurance or helicopter rescue
- Personal trekking gears and extra luggage
- Porter cost (extra) per 20 kg
- International flight tickets, re issue or date change if necessary
- Nepal Visa fee
- Tips, souvenir and gifts
Sorry, no testimonials found.