Manaslu Region Trekking
- Grade: Moderate
- Duration: 16 to 20 days
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking, Off The Beaten Path
- Best Seasons: March to July, and September to December
- Highest Altitude: 5358m
- Start-Ends: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
Located near the border of Nepal and Tibet, Manaslu is the eighth highest peak in the world. This 8,163 meters high beauty also goes by the name ‘The Spirit Mountain,’ which refers to a strong deity dwelling by this peak according to the local dialect. The path to Manaslu region lies in the Great Himalaya trail and is considered as a better alternative to the Annapurna Circuit Trek. There are several routes that can be opted for trekking to Manaslu region, among which Larkya La (5,213 meters) pass trek and Tsum Valley trek are more popular among the trekkers and mountaineers.
Manaslu region is surrounded by Ganesh Himal and Buri Gandaki River on the east side, Marsyangdi Khola with Annapurna ranges on the west side and the town of Gorkha on the south. This actually has given birth to a popular saying, “Manaslu is a ragged wall of snow and ice hanging in the sky.” This is why the area is popular for the admixture of cultural heritage and biological diversity it provides along the trekking route.
This trekking usually starts with a drive to Arughat (700 meters), the most popular starting point, leads through the path along Seti Khola and descends at Besishar. 33 different species of mammals inhabit in this area, among which the sight of snow leopard, musk deer and Himalayan Thar is common along the trail. Likewise, 110 species of birds, 3 species of reptiles, and over 200 species of plants can be witnessed en route. The trekking trail also provides touches of unspoiled valleys as this region was not open until 1991. You will come across numerous bamboo bridges, scenic view of the Tibet with an insight into the way of Tibetans’ daily life, various monasteries, experience ankle deep snow trekking, and get a chance to climb Shyala, which provides a panoramic view of the Himachuli. The classical mix of the breathtaking view of the mountains, the unspoiled valleys and cultures of the inhabitant and the beautiful biological diversity makes this trek a must for a once in a life time experience.
The environment around this region itself is welcoming and the hospitality provided by the residents of this area adds icing to the cake. Trekking in this region is a delightful way to gain adventurous experience with a heart-warming eye feast.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation
- Day 03 : Drive to Soti Khola via Arughat on private vehicle
- Day 04 : Trek to Machha Khola
- Day 05 : Trek to Jagat (1340m)
- Day 06 : Trek from Jagat to Deng
- Day 07 : Trek from Deng to Namrung
- Day 08 : Trek from Namrung to Samagaun
- Day 09 : Trek from Samagaun to Samdo
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
The representative of Oriental Journeys will welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you at the hotel. After having some rest in hotel, we will provide you detail trip information along with welcome dinner with cultural programs in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel in kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation
After getting all the trekking permits, you will be taken for sightseeing in the historical and architectural sites of Kathmandu valley including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath and Boudhha Stupa, which are listed in the world heritage sites of Kathmandu. After this, you will have some time for preparing trekking equipment. Overnight stay at hotel in a BB basis.
Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola via Arughat on private vehicle
Today, We will drive early in the morning towards Dhading Besi, the district headquarter of Dhading district. We will continue the drive towards Arughat through narrow road. After reaching at Arughat bazzar, we will explore the local market of this region and heading towards Sotikhola. We will get enjoyable views of scattered houses in the green mountains and valleys, waterfalls, rivers and cascade paddy fields to introduce ethnic groups. Overnight stay at local market.
Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola
Today, we will walk towards beautiful pine forest after crossing the suspension bridge at Soti Khola. We have mixed types of trekking trail that sometimes we need to climb up and sometimes walk down with the beautiful views of waterfalls on a steep ridge. Along with this, we will walk along the beautiful terrace rice field then we reached to Gurung village of Lapubeshi and further climb rocky mountain. After crossing another suspension bridge, we reach at Machha Khola and overnight stay there.
Day 05: Trek to Jagat (1340m)
We will walk through gentle trek which takes us to Khorlabei after crossing Tharo khola. After this, we will climb another ridge and cross suspension bridge in Budhigandaki river. After walking through some descend and ascend trekking trails, we will reach at Dobhan. Then we again cross the river in Thado bharyang and from this onwards, we will ascend over a ridge and we will arrive at Jagat. Overnight stay at Jagat.
Day 06: Trek from Jagat to Deng
We will start our trekking early in the morning and ascending towards salleri over a rocky ridge. During the trek, we will be enjoying while walking along the cascade millet field and arive at Ekle Bhatti. The trek continues towards a steep and uninhabited gorge. After crossing bamboo buses, we reach at Deng and overnight stay there.
Day 07: Trek from Deng to Namrung
We will reach at Deng after crossing Budhi Gandaki River and climb an hour to reach Rana. We should again have to ascend short trail and walk to the west valley through the forest and crossing waterfalls and mani walls in the Tibetan village. Then again we will walk steep up through rhododendron forest and arrive at Namrung. Namrung offers tremendous views of Himal Chuli, Shirung , Namrung and Ganesh himal. Overnight stay at Namrung.
Day 08: Trek from Namrung to Samagaun
Today, we will get an opportunity to walk through the rhododendron forest and reached at Lihi village with Tibetan's Chortens and terrace barley fields. It further offers the views of Ganesh Himal. We will pass by some Tibetan village and we will see Manaslu and Himchuli Himal are seen through the entire landscape. Some did acclimatization today and we will analyze the group condition and movea ahaed to Samagaun.
Day 09: Trek from Samagaun to Samdo
We will continue our trekking towards Samdo village depending on our body condition. After crossing Samdo village, we will continue our walk towards Manaslu Base Camp but we will follow the right side of the trail which leads us towards Larke Pass. After crossing Juniper birch forest and wooden bridge on Budhi Gandaki river, we will make climb to reach Samdo, inhabited by Tibetans migrated from Chinese territory to their homeland after 50 years.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle.
- Two to three star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in B&B basis.
- Room in best available lodge and hotel during trek with all meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing
- All entrance fees during sightseeing
- An experienced english speaking guide and other language speaking guide and one assistance if there is more than 5 trekkers
- One porter for two trekkers
- Guide, porter and other necessary staff salaries, insurance, accommodation and food.
- Special permit of Manaslu area, ACAP, MCAP and TIMS card.
- First aid medical kit and necessary normal medicine
- All applicable government and local taxes
- Nepal visa Fee and international airfare
- Hotel accommodation, lunch and dinner in Kathmandu in case of early arrival or late departure fro Nepal or early return from mountain due to any unseen reason than scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, soft or hard beverages, battery recharge, bottled/boiled water, extra porters, hot shower, tea and coffee during trekking.
- Tips, souvenir and gratuities for guide, porter and driver