Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek, a newly explored trekking routes in Nepal Himalaya. It presents an overwhelming and picaresque adventure to Mardi Himal with the scenic view of snow-capped peaks, green rolling hills and pristine forest of lovely rhododendron –magnolia pines and oak tree lines.
This trek offers you a constant grandeur views of Mt. Annapurna Himalaya and Mt. Dhaulagiri towards west and Mt. Manaslu mountain range in the east along with the towering face of Mt. Machhapuchhre, popularly known as Mt. Fishtail.
The trek is a moderate to adventurous trip and there won’t be any problem of getting Acute Mountain Sickness. Therefore, one can enjoy the surrounding views as the walk progress on the high ridges. Mardi Himal is located just beneath of towering Mt. Machhapuchhre which is the forbidden mountain and one of the unclimbed mountain so far in Nepal Himalaya.
Trekking to Mardi Himal starts from capital City of Nepal , Kathmandu with scenic overland drive to reach the popular touristic spot at Pokhara . From Pokhara, the real adventure begins when you walk along the high ridges of Annapurana area hills where you can see traditional Gurung people, farm villages of Buddhist culture along with the full blossom of wild flowers in a natural garden. The walk leads to the west base camp and it is the highest point of this trekking at 4500m, where you can enjoy the awesome panoramic views of mountains and marvelous landscapes.
- Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
- Day 02 : Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu and overnight stay at hotel
- Day 03 : Drive to Kande, start trek to Potana via Australian camp
- Day 04 : Trek to Kokar Forest Camp via Deurali
- Day 05 : Trek to Low camp
- Day 06 : Trek to High camp
- Day 07 : From High camp, a day hike to Mardi Himal West Base Camp
- Day 08 : Trek to Sidhing village via low camp
- Day 09 : Drive Pokhara via Mardipul
- Day 10 : Drive back to kathmandu (drive or fly) and evening farewell dinner
- Day 11 : Final International departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
You will be warmly welcome in the Tribhuvan International Airport by the representative of Oriental Journeys. After you transfer to the hotel, we will provide you the detail itinerary and trek planning.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu and overnight stay at hotel
The journey starts early in the morning to catch the bust to Pokhara. It takes 7 hours to reach to Pokhara from Kathmandu. Pokhara is the beautiful place with many touristic sites. It is also the gateway of Mt. Annapurna and Dhaulagiri trekking. In addition to this, you will observe the amazing view of Mt. Machhapuchhre from Fewa lake.
Day 03: Drive to Kande, start trek to Potana via Australian camp
Trek starts from Kande after a short drive from Pokhara. This will be a short warm up hike to Australian Camp (2060m). This is lovely place to take rest and enjoy the chill weather with terrific view of Mountains.
Day 04: Trek to Kokar Forest Camp via Deurali
After you first night at the beautiful Australian Camp, we will trek to forest camp following the forest ridge upto Forest camp. The day’s walk in the rhododendron forest is beautiful with gradual uphill and beautiful scenerary and mountain view.
Day 05: Trek to Low camp
The whole day you will be enjoying your trek in nature. There are some good tea houses with lodges at Low camp. You can take rest and take you lunch at Low Camp.
Day 06: Trek to High camp
The astonishing view of Mt Fishtail and Mardi Himal appears just infront of your eyes. You will assume yourself touching the sky. The view of Himalayan foothillan and sweeping valley towards south. On the way, you will pass Badal Danda (Cloud Hill) above the tree line. Badal Danda has got some new lodges. Overnight at a lodge in High Camp.
Day 07: From High camp, a day hike to Mardi Himal West Base Camp
Today, you will getup early in the morning and move to Mardi Himal Base Camp. This trip is more difficult than other days with steep climb and longer walk. Trail becomes more vertiginous at some points with uneven and steep rocky steps. The first steep climb will take about 2 hrs to the ridge top which is marked as MBC (Mardi Himal Base Camp). However the real base camp will take about another 2 hrs along the ridge. The view is amazing all along the ridge. While Mardi Himal and Mt Fishtail appear right above us, view of Annapurna I, Gangapurna and Annapurna III also appears at a distance.
Day 08: Trek to Sidhing village via low camp
The trail climb down continuously till the village of Siding. There is excess of motorable road at Siding. You will take a vehicle to reach Pokhara in the evening.
Day 09: Drive Pokhara via Mardipul
You will take a vehicle to reach Pokhara in the morning. Afternoon, you can enjoy visiting sites of Pokhara like Devi's Fall, Siddha Cave and boating at Phewa Lake.
Day 10: Drive back to kathmandu (drive or fly) and evening farewell dinner
You will Drive back for 6/7 hours to reach Kathmandu. In the evining, you have time to visit shops around Thamel to by souveiner.
Day 11: Final International departure
Finally, you will depart to your next destination from Tribhuvan International Airport. A representative from Oreintal Journeys will drop you at the TIA gate.
- Airport picks up & drops
- Airport taxes
- 3 meals per day during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) including Tea or coffee
- Accommodation on Guest House (Lodge) during the trekking
- 2 night’s Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & breakfast plan
- An English speaking Guide
- Necessary Porter 1: 2 (one porter for two Guest) the porter will carry (30KG in maximum) your luggage during the trek
- All Government local Taxes
- Langtang National Park Entry Fees
- (TIMS) Trekker’s information Management System card
- Guide and porter salary
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking
- First Aid kit above 6 pax Compulsory from Agency
- Extra services according to the guest per Demand '' Please feel free to inform us''
- Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry
- Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance, Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Theft or Damage and
- personal effects.
- Hot Shower
- Entrance Fees any kind of Temples, Monastery etc
- Tips and Gratuities